Last updated: November 20, 2013
Notice to Minors: You must be 18 or over (or the legal age to form a binding contract in your jurisdiction if that age is greater than 18 years of age), to use our website and the XKlaim service. If you are under the age of 18 (or the applicable legal age in your jurisdiction), you may use our website and the XKlaim service only with the consent of your parent or guardian. XKlaim does not knowingly collect information from children under 13.
Notice to California Users: California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits customers who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please go to the section titled "Questions and Feedback".
What Type of Information Does XKlaim Collect?
Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our Site(s) or provide to us in any other way. Examples could include:
- When you create an account, we may collect your username, password, name, postal address, phone number, e-mail address, your city of birth, your birthday, mobile phone number and other pertinent information.
- If you buy goods through our programs or otherwise - we may collect financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment information and information about what you buy, where you buy, how frequently you buy and rewards you earn.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways, we may collect demographics information and information about subjects that may interest you.
Mobile Devices. When you download or use the XKlaim app, XKlaim may collect information about your location and your mobile device. XKlaim uses this information to provide you with our services, such as special offers, advertising, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services by changing the settings.
XKlaim may also collect aggregated data or anonymous data that does not directly identify you.
How May XKlaim Use Information About You?
XKlaim may use information about you for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or with our Services. For example, XKlaim may use information about you to:
- Process and manage your purchase and use of products and services, including your accounts and program participation.
- Respond to your customer service inquiries, post your comments or statements on any blog or other online forum maintained on our Sites, or take other actions in response to your inquiries or other Site activities.
- Create personalized promotions by combining your personal information with non-personal information about you, such as the amounts and types of purchases you make or any benefits you receive through our programs.
- Communicate with you about your orders or purchases, your services, accounts and program participation, a contest or sweepstakes you have entered, and your requests for information.
- Communicate with you about our brands, products, events or other promotional purposes, including co-branded offers and affiliate and partner offers.
How Does XKlaim Share Your Information?
- XKlaim Personnel. XKlaim personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of XKlaim's business. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, clear gifs, and/or third party sources to create a "profile" of your preferences. We tie personally identifiable information, and your purchasing history, to information in the profile, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers and to improve the content of the Site(s) for you. We share your profile in aggregate form only.
- Participating Retailers and Merchants. We work closely with retailers, merchants and their affiliated businesses. In some cases, we may share customer information related to transactions with that third party.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf (such as credit card processors, mailing houses or website hosts) and that help us market our products and services (such as email vendors). We may also write to third party APIs to add or enhance the functionality of the Services. Examples include hosting our website, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Special Offers and Updates. We will send you information on products, services, special deals, and promotions in connection with a request for a payment vehicle (an "ASK"). If you do not to wish to receive these types of communications, please see the section titled "What Choices Does XKlaim Offer About Personal Information?"
- Business Transfers. In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if XKlaim, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that are transferred.
- APIs. XKlaim may allow third-party developers access to XKlaim APIs to interface with our Services' functionality in order to build applications that provide additional functionality or enable the fulfillment of transactions on our Sites. These APIs will not allow third party developers to have access to any unique personal information or data you provide to us.
- Lawful Disclosure. We reserve the right to disclose your information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our employees or contractors, our users, or others and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website. We may also share aggregated or anonymous information that does not directly identify you.
- With Your Consent. Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
No Links to Other Sites and No Third-party Advertisers.
The Sites will not contain links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by us. Please be aware that when you leave our Site(s) you should read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. XKlaim does not allow other companies, such as third-party ad servers or ad networks, to serve advertisements to the Sites.
What Choices Does XKlaim Offer About Personal Information?
XKlaim offers choices for you to request to update or change your personal information and how we communicate with you. Here are some of the ways you can request changes:
- Follow the opt-out instructions in promotional emails we send you.
- Log in to your XKlaim.com account, if you have one, and visit the profile management section to manage your contact information (SMS text, email and postal address) preferences and to update your personal information.
- Call 1-415-866-3659.
If you opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we may still send you non-promotional or service related communications such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations.
You can usually choose to set your browser to warn you when a cookie is being sent or to remove or reject cookies. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookie settings. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, it will affect many features or Services on our Sites.
How is Personal Information Secured?
XKlaim employs industry standard steps to maintain appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information.
While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may update this Policy from time to time. When we do so, we will post the new Policy on this page and change the date at the top of the page. We encourage you to check the date of our Policy when you visit this Site for any updates or changes. We will take reasonable efforts to notify you of any modified versions of the Policy that materially affect the way we use or disclose your personal information.
Questions and Feedback
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy.
XKlaim's Privacy Officer can be contacted at (415) 866-3659 or by postal mail at XKlaim, Inc., 1325 Howard Ave. St. 258, Burlingame, CA 94010 Attn: Privacy.